What a day we had! Great numbers, great atmosphere and brilliant jumping!
A huge thank you to all the volunteers involved, to Una for organising…everything! and to all the families who chose to stay the day and enjoy the show while sampling the baking. In the baking category, Helen’s red velvet cup cakes take the red rosette. Those are gaining quite the reputation and mark my words, when we look back on our years pony-clubbing, Helen’s red velvet cakes will be what we remember!
We have many sponsors to thank for the competitions prizes:
Kellihers Mills, Clash, Tralee, with a special mention to Giles, who sponsored most of the prizes.
Mary and Alannah Bradley, Eagle Lodge equestrian centre, Gortatlea, Tralee who also sponsored prizes for our riders
John Steadman, yet again! we are so appreciative of your support
I hope I am not forgetting anyone!
A huge thank you to the Woodlands team; Charlie Coakley and sidekick Chuckles and to James Tarrant for his clever course building and his continuous support.
This show is growing from year to year and we were so glad to have more visiting branches this year. We had entries from Scarteen, Duhallow and also Muskerry. They did very well indeed and I hope they bring more friends next year!
This year we decided to make the End of Year Show our big fundraising event for the branch, to help cover training costs and keep on improving the branch. I hope the transition from “the most affordable Show in the calendar” to a fundraising Show wasn’t too difficult for our members. It was a logical (and successful) move given the geographical spread of our membership and the difficulty in organizing traditional fund- raisers. So Thank you all for your support and generosity!
The raffle was a success as well, thanks to our sponsors and all the members who sold the tickets!
Sponsors of the raffle, in no particular order:
Senator Mark Daly
Mark Greer Plumbing and Heating
Suttons Oil (tag Corrib Oil),
Boyles Patio and Stove Centre
Parknasilla Hotel and Resort
Ciaran Harnett butcher
Rory Sugrue Saddlery
Crag Caves and Geaney Family
Ivor Dunne Thermal Imaging
All the results are below:
Join us the a fabulous day! All branches of Irish Pony Club are welcome.
Schedule of classes:
- Cross poles
- Team Show Jumping*
Fantastic Prizes in all classes donated by the branch and our generous sponsors.
Neat turn out is expected. See Pony Club Tack Sheet for Show jumping. There will be a tack inspection to pass before access to warm-up arena. There will be a special prize for best turn out rider and pony.
- 10 euro per class for Class 1 to 6.
- 10 euro per team of 4 for Class 7 ( 2.50 per rider)
- 5 euro for classes 8 and 9
*Team Show Jumping Competition rules
Amazing prizes!!!! Sponsored by Kelliher’s, Clash, Tralee
1st prize: 4 x winter rugs!!!!
- Show jumping teams must be named and declared at the start of the day. Each team must comprise 2 members jumping under 80 cm and 2 jumping 80 cm or over.
- Mixed branches teams are allowed.
- The results will be calculated by adding the 4 rider’s results from class 1 to 6. If riders intend to ride in more than 1 class (class 1 to 6) they must declare which is to be his/her counting score before they ride (no picking the best score!).
- In case of a tie, the teams will go in a special decider round.
The Kingdom branch of the Irish Pony Club is constantly investing in its members training and to great results! This year only, close to 30 riders were examined and successfully passed pony Club exams at various level. Next year we hope to present 6 riders to B test. That’s nearly as many as the whole region presented in 2016. To keep the training local, we need to fund it. We also need to fund all the other levels and activities and encourage more participation in away competitions with the Pony Club as well as organise team training and hopefully extend our summer camp. This raffle and our End of Year Show in Woodlands on December 30th is the only fundraising we plan to do, due to the spread- out nature of our membership all over the county of Kerry and the difficulty in getting together when ponies are not involved!
So please spread the word! There is a special prize for the member who sells the most tickets;). Una can get more books to you if you have already sold yours
- A Show jumping fence made by James Tarrant. The fence is an oxer and includes a filler. Sponsored by John Steadman.
- 2 private coaching session with Bill Maguire Level 2 HSI coach. Each session will drawn individually. Sponsored by Bill Maguire
- A voucher for Equine Athlete supplements. Sponsored by Scott Rawson
- A winter Rug. Sponsored by Rory Sugrue
- A coal bunker. Sponsored by Carbery Plastics
- A dinner for 2 in Leinster House. Sponsored by Senator Mark Daly
- A free tank inspection and boiler service from Mark Greer
- A 50 euros voucher from Suttons Oil Ltd
- A season family pass for 2017 for Derreen Gardens, Lauragh, Kenmare
- A gift voucher for Parknasilla Resort and Spa, Sneem. Sponsored by Tony Daly
- A meat voucher from Ciaran Hartnett butcher.
- 2 bags of horse feed from Boyles patio and Stove centre. To be drawn individually.
Massive congratulations to all our candidates, all 4 passed!
We had a great turn out for the halloween mini camp, as many as 22 riders each day!A lot of learning thanks to our fabulous instructors and mighty craic too!
Last chance to book your tickets for the Irish Pony Club Black Tie Ball
The Black Tie Ball takes place on the October Bank Holiday weekend on Sunday 30th October 2016
In the Newpark Hotel, Castlecomer Road, Co. Kilkenny.
Drink reception at 7pm
Dinner and dancing until late with a band and DJ to dance the night away!
Many items will be available on the night for auction. Items to include but not limited to:
Dubarry jacket and boots
Saddle from Holmestead Saddlery
A Marina Hamilton Print
Tickets are €65 and can be bought online here https://www.itsplainsailing.com/club/tet or by contacting:
Ann Healy 086-3451329
Sarah Egan 087-2232244
Sheila Gayer 086-0610370
Junior members aged 14 years and up are invited to attend but must be under the supervision of an adult
For more information see:
Please inform all your past and present members and support the Irish Pony Club
The PCUK website had a great interactive tool to help you revise called Ponyprep, unfortunately it has been offline for a while.
However, The UK Pony Club has a Youtube channel called (ThePonyClub) with official video tutorials on a range of subjects.
Check this one out on how to put on a tail bandagehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyurZB-xHZs
or this one on how to put on a rug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3O4tSzrE1I
I’ll add more as come accross interesting things for you and if you find anything too, share it with us by emailing links to firstname.lastname@example.org