Venue: Banna, by kind permission of Bernie O’Mahony and family
Dates: Monday July 4th to Wednesday 6th included.
List of participants
Please check your name is included if you have booked and if you have been forgotten call Gaelle or Maria straight away!
Colin( in the role of assistant manager due to injury)
I need feedback from everyone re your intentions… Please text or email me back with your choices
- We will provide lunch for everyone but you will need to bring snacks and drinks. Let us know of any dietary requirements in advance (veggie, coeliac, allergies…) and we will try to accommodate every one.
- All rides start at 10am. If your horse is stabled on site you need to feed, groom and muck out beforehand. Camp will finish every evening at 5pm. Note to parents before and after those times your children are your responsibility and must be supervised by you or a nominated adult in your stead.
If you intend to box your pony over every day and leave every evening. But he/ she will have to stay in his horse box during lunch break (only if a vehicle still attached) or will have to be tied up in an enclosed arena.
You can book a stable for the 3 days and 2 or 3 nights for €5 per day. We only have very few available. We will give priority to people living further away and then on a first come first serve basis. You must bring your own bedding ( min 2 bales of shavings) and mucking out equipment, hard feed and buckets. Bernie can provide Haylage if needed but does not have hay.
Most of you have booked already, I would like you to confirm your situation has not changed.
Camp week is a time for all hands to the decks! We need help to set up this week and next week to supervise during lunch breaks, prepare and serve food, organise entertainment..etc and to dismantle Wednesday evening. The venue must be returned in the condition we find it!
Each family must contribute to the effort, so please volunteer for at least one of the following:
- Move fences from Arthurs over to Banna and back after camp.
- Build and if you can, lend gazebos for us to shelter during break times and stable management. Warning: must be robust tents as there is always a breeze there!
- Build SJ and XC course ( Sunday)
- Give a second coat of ronseal to XC fences ( Sunday)
- Supervise during camp for at least 3 hour shift ( morning 9am to 12, lunch 11 to 2, afternoon 2 to 5pm) we will work a rota.
- Help Helen, our chef extraordinaire, to prepare lunch and serve it, prepare mid morning and mid afternoon snacks and drinks and serve them.
- Help with planning games and entertainment and maybe a bbq on one evening evening?
Contact Maria for supervising rota
Contact Gaelle or Bernie for setting up and taking down.
Beach rides on Banna Strand
Can’t wait for camp!!!
All the best,